Introducing Crescendo, a powerful and precise premium wireless speaker system, featuring dual audiophile quality Folded Motion™ tweeters and a 5x7-inch mid/bass woofer for a deep, extended bass response. The Crescendo is capable of reproducing sound with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail—the inspiration behind every MartinLogan design.
Our dedicated in-house design and engineering team created the ultimate table-top speaker system in a sleek, compact design without compromising sound quality. Taking a "no-compromise" approach, the Crescendo features premium construction and design elements not typically found in similar speakers.
At the core of the Crescendo is an advanced 24-bit 48kHz DSP (digital signal processing) based preamplifier in conjunction with a powerful class-D closed-loop 100-watt (140-watt peak) amplifier. Crescendo's amplifier creates powerfully detailed sound from a custom designed front-firing 5x7-inch matte black polypropylene cone woofer with extended throw drive assembly in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Low frequencies are seamlessly blended with two of MartinLogan's high-performance Folded Motion™ tweeters for an astonishing, room filling experience.
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that "squeeze" air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Crescendo is crafted with a solid MDF enclosure that strengthens and intensifies low-frequency bass performance while minimizing vibrations. To further enhance bass performance, Crescendo features an optional subwoofer output via an analog RCA connection. This option, not typical of tabletop speaker systems, customizes the crossover between the Crescendo and subwoofer to give true audiophiles the ability to supplement the low-frequency performance of their system.
Six input methods allow for connection of virtually any device:
- Wi-Fi – connect AirPlay capable devices wirelessly (iPhone, iPad, iPod, or a computer with iTunes) to stream audio.
- Bluetooth – connect Bluetooth capable devices wirelessly to stream audio. Bluetooth V4.0 supports SBC, MP3, AAC, and apt-X®.
- Wired Ethernet – audio information can be sent over a LAN to the Crescendo using various protocols (such as AirPlay or DLNA)
- USB – connect compatible Apple devices and use the Crescendo as an audio dock and charger. The USB connection was designed to rapidly charge a variety of devices.
- Analog – any device that has an analog audio output can connect to the auxiliary analog input via a 3.5mm headphone style jack.
- Optical digital – any device that has a digital optical output can connect to the auxiliary digital input with the included mini-Toslink optical adapter (analog and digital connections share the same input).